GAICAM IMPACT AWARD
Award Selection Criteria
- All nominees must be nominated through the official website (www.heroes.gaicam.org) of the award by Cameroonians; justified with relevant information of the impact the nominee has created, so as to enable the Board commence their analysis.
- The Board equally has the power to shortlist a candidate with a traceable record of impact which for one reason or the other has not been nominated.
- All information provided in the nomination form shall be used by the Board to screen the nominees, and ensure that they have traceable records of impact in their communities or the nation at large.
- Each award category shall have its own selection criteria from which the assessment of their nomination form will be subjected to. Each shortlisted nominee per category must be capable of winning the award category.
- The GAICAM Board shall publish the list of shortlisted nominees per category to the general public, so they can endorse (vote) the candidate they think deserve to win each category. The public votes shall constitute 40% of each nominee’s results.
- The GAICAM Board shall form a commission of Independent Judges from diverse professional backgrounds to assess each nominee and compile their results without any bias. The results of the Independent Judges shall constitute 50% of each nominee’s results.
- The GAICAM Board shall reserve 10% votes for each nominee, to complete the 100% needed by each award category. The GAICAM Board shall receive, compile and certify the results to be made public during the award ceremony.
- The 10 winners of the Cameroon Heroes of Valor shall solely be nominated by the GAICAM Board with no external influence or political motivation.
Terms and Conditions for Nomination
- Must be a Cameroonian
- You CANNOT nominate yourself for any category.
- ONLY Individual/group of individuals or organization/company can nominate someone or an organization/company
- Nominations must be completed with full details, including full nominator´s name & address to ensure that the nomination is validated by the Board.
- Nominations MUST be submitted within the specified period of the nomination window.
- Nominators may be asked to provide additional evidence or materials after submission.
- Nominations are free and there is no limit to the number of nominations that one person or organization can nominate.
- A candidate can be nominated for more than one category
- Nominations must be submitted in English or French only.
- Nominations that do not meet all the requirements will not be accepted.
- The Board shall assess each nominees file and decide whether his/her impact meets the standard to be shortlisted for the Award.
- All shortlisted nominees will be officially inform of their nomination, which will require that they confirm the receipt of their nomination by mail and other available means within 72hrs.
- All shortlisted nominees will be required to submit a brief professional biography of themselves to the Board, not later than 72hrs after being officially inform of their nomination.
- Any nominee who fail to confirm his/her nomination or submit the requested brief professional biography will be automatically removed from the list of shortlisted nominees.
- Any category where none of the nominees confirmed their participation, the board shall automatically drop the category from the list of those to be honored.
- Each winner will be requested to give a brief speech after receiving the award of no longer than 1 minute.
- Awards shall NOT be handed to any third-party; all awards must be received by the awardees (winners).
- The names, photographs, positions and organizations of those shortlisted and those who win the award will be published on the award website.
- Not all the awards advertised maybe be awarded if the Board considers that the criteria have not been met.
How we use your personal information
The complete nomination form will be processed by the Board to support the judging process on a secure and confidential basis. On completion of the assessment process, the Board shall destroy all nomination records. We may use the contact details that you provide in your nomination, before, during and after the award ceremony. We will confirm receipt of your nomination, may contact you in the event of questions. We will also invite shortlisted nominees to participate in the awards ceremony.
The deadline for submission of nominations has been extended to Wednesday December 2nd, 2020 at 11:30pm GMT+1 / Central Africa Time. Call/WhatsApp: (+237) 678 895 757 if you want to be one of the Sponsors or in case you experience any issue.